Blame this article on baseball fever, but I thought it would be a great idea to look ahead at the Baltimore Orioles 2013 schedule and highlight some of the series that every fan should attend or at least be sure to watch.
2012 was certainly a memorable season for Orioles fans and the organization alike, and 2013 sets up to be another exciting one as Baltimore will actually enter the year with championship expectations for the first time in over a decade. There are several big series this season, but let's take a look at the one's fans should be marking on their calendars now for the 2013 campaign:
- Minnesota Twins (Apr 5-7) – Of course the opening home series of the season will be a must as no doubt Camden Yards will be packed for the Birds first games of the year at home.
- Los Angeles Dodgers (Apr 19-21) – There will be more interleague games than ever before this season with the Houston Astros move to the American League as now each league has 15 teams, thus there will always be an interleague series going on. The team with the biggest payroll in baseball, the Dodgers, will be visiting Camden Yards in late April and fans should take the opportunity to see Los Angeles in person.
- Toronto Blue Jays (Apr 22-24) – Late April provides Orioles fans with a lot of must-see action, as the Toronto Blue Jays come to Camden Yards right after the Dodgers, and this series will be a must see to see just how Baltimore stacks up against the all-of-a-sudden-power-house Jays.
- Washington Nationals (May 27-30) – A short two-game home and home series with the Beltway rival Nationals, as they will play two games in Washington and then follow that up with two games in Baltimore. It is always fun to watch these rivals play against each other; but both teams are now playoff teams, so it will add that much more drama to an already fierce rivalry.
- Boston RedSox (Sep 27-29) – The final series of the regular season and Baltimore hopes that it will mean something for a possible AL East division title or at the least a wildcard birth. This series is at Camden Yards, and it is preceded by a home series with the Blue Jays. The final six games might be pivotal for the Orioles to make the playoffs as they will be playing all home games against Toronto and Boston.
- New York Yankees (Anytime) – Of course every Orioles fan should attend or watch any series that puts the Birds against the Yankees. They are always must see!
These are just some dates that Orioles fans should mark their 2013 for; of course, things can change depending on how each team deals with adversity, so there might be other series' not mentioned on this list that might well be must-see baseball action for Orioles fans in 2013!
Orioles101 is fielding reader questions for our Radio show tomorrow, so feel free to post a question on our Facebook page, Twitter, or by posting a comment here on Orioles101.com and your question could be answered on the show tomorrow!
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Orioles101
Follow us on Twitter @Orioles_101
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Baltimore Orioles 2013 Opening Day Line-up Possibilities
- Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot Released for 2013 Class
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/p9i