The Baltimore Orioles began playing at Memorial Stadium in 1944, when they were members of the International League, a minor league. Once the Browns moved to the city, Memorial Stadium then served as home to the Baltimore Orioles of the American League. The stadium was also home to the Baltimore Colts before their move to Indianapolis, hosting the NFL team from 1953 to 1984. The stadium hosted the Junior World Series, a clash against the minor league teams, making Baltimore an attractive destination for a Major League club as fans had showed interest in the game.
By 1991, the Stadium had worn down, and the Orioles needed to move into a new ballpark. The newly built Oriole Park at Camden Yards would serve as the replacement to Memorial Stadium, opening in 1992. The park has been admired for its design, which is a type of retro look, the first of its kind. Oriole Park sparked the retro design for newly built stadiums, combing elements of the modern world, while also paying homage to the years past, including the use of brick in the stadium as well as green painted exposed steal. The B&O Warehouse has also been a visual staple in the park, which was converted to team offices once the team moved to Camden Yards.